Pharmaceuticals Cholesterol Analeptic Antibacterial CAS 57-88-5
|Product Categories:||Cholesterol and DerivativesOther Lipid Related Products;
FA/FAME/Lipids/ Steroids; Lipid Analytical Standards;
Lipids;Sterols;SterolsFood&Beverage Standards; Intermediates
& Fine Chemicals;Pharmaceuticals;Steroids;Used as emulsifier;
API; Pharma grade|
Cholesterol is a kind of derivatives of cyclopentane multiple
hydrogen phenanthrenes and is an important component of various
parts of membrane phase structure and myelin cells of human being.
|Uses||1. Used as the raw materials and biochemical research of brain
phospholipids cholesterol flocculation test, vitamin D, and
2. Used for biochemical reagents and emulsifiers.
3. Used for the production of artificial bezoar, preparation of
hormone drugs , also can be used as an emulsifier.
4. Used as emulsifiers; as the raw materials of synthesizing
artificial bezoar, vitamin D, LCD, and hormone ; used for chemical
and biological research.
5. It is an important raw material for manufacturing hormones, and
can be used as an emulsifier; also used as reference analysis
(1) It is involved in the formation of cell membranes.
(2) It is the raw material for synthesis of bile acids, vitamin D
and steroid hormones.
(3) The total amount of serum cholesterol in China normal person
serum is approximately 182.5 ± 4.3 mg%. Extra high blood
cholesterol level indicates that cholesterol metabolism dysfunction
may occur. Serum cholesterol level in patients with coronary
atherosclerosis is often high. So the clinically determination of
the serum cholesterol levels will help to diagnose certain
|Prevention||(1) Low-fat diet.|
(2) Exercise. Saturated fatty acids cause the increase of serum
cholesterol while unsaturated fatty acids reduce it. Mental workers
have higher serum cholesterol levels than manual workers with
exercise being able to reduce it.